The food industry needs are broad and their requirements are stringent. That’s why we offer a wide range of products for inspecting, transferring, and sorting products — including Volta homogenous belting. Some of the more demanding applications require belting to:
Our belts are quality made to exact specifications. Apache offers both conventional rubber and cotton belting, as well as European-style thermoplastic belting. Covers are smooth, textured, and profiled. All are USDA and/or FDA approved belts.
- Resist high temperatures
- Provide high release
- Withstand high oil content (greases)
- Operate on small pulleys
- Meet hygenic design requirements
- Offer chemical resistance for sanitizing agents
There are a wide variety of opportunities in food belting, including:
Stringent guidelines for food handling require the right design in the hose selected to do the job. Apache has specific hoses created for use in oil-based product transfer or cleaning in-process applications. We sell hose assemblies that meet FDA requirements as well as hoses with USDA, 3A, or E3A approval.
The dairy washdown food hose is designed for washdown service in dairies, creameries, packing houses, and food processing plants. It's white EPDM cover is both abrasion and scuff resistant. We also have oil resistant washdown hoses available.
Clear Food Hose
This heavy-duty clear hose allows visibility of product flow and works well in milk handling and other food processing applications. Hose is 3A and FDA compliant and is acceptable in USDA environments.
We custom fabricate all types, sizes and quantities of custom cut and molded parts to your exact specifications. Apache's manufacturing facilities stock a wide variety of standard and specialty materials and compounds, while our supply partners are ready to produce custom materials and compounds for your specific application.
Materials and Applications
- FDA, USDA and 3A Dairy compliant compounds are available for molding, extrusion, and sheet materials for seals and cut parts
- Rubber compounds include neoprene, nitrile, EPDM, silicone, fluoroelastomer (FKM), and foam
- Others materials include thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE), and polyurethane
- Common applications are tabletops, doors, oven & tank gaskets, floating lids, O-rings, skirting & scrapers, vulcanized boots/sleeves, chute & hopper lining, and many other custom food processing applications
Water Supply Service Gaskets and Seals
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified EPDM Gasket Material (AB-576) for water supply service
- Meets American Water Works Association (AWWA) standard C111/A21.11
- In compliance with the potable water industries gasket specifications, the ability to resist or recover from permanent deformation post pressure or stress make this the ideal material for drinking water applications
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified for material processing